|August 2017 (39.21528, -123.76806) Salmon Creek Bridge|
- Functionally Obsolete - the deck geometry only provides for one foot shoulders.
- Fracture Critical - lack of redundancy in the deck truss and floor beam members, which could result in collapse.
- Structurally Deficient – the bridge deck is in poor condition.
- Low Load Rating – larger permit trucks are not allowed on the bridge.
- Deficient Rail – the existing bridge rail does not meet current design standards.
- Costly Maintenance – Painting is required every 4 to 5 years to protect the steel at a cost of $2.5 million. Spalls and delamination of concrete also need to be repaired.
- Seismically Deficient – the bridge needs to be retrofitted to prevent collapse during a large earthquake.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.